Linda Perry, the songwriter and producer behind chart toppers like Christina Aguilera’s “Beautiful,” is a pro at delivering hits. So when she proposed to girlfriend Sara Gilbert, co-host of CBS’s The Talk, a musical flash mob was the only way to go.
Gilbert announced the nuptials on Monday’s show (April 8), explaining that Perry brought her to a park for what she thought would be a quiet picnic. The unsuspecting Gilbert said that when a nearby street performer started playing one of their favorite songs, she thought it was a simple coincidence.
“I’m like, ‘Oh, that’s so weird, this is so magical and amazing,’” Gilbert recounted. “[Perry’s] like ‘Oh, I’m going to go ask him to play this other song.’ But the other song is really obscure and this guy wouldn’t know it. But magically he knows it.”
Perry’s proposal soon went from “magical” afternoon to full-blown Broadway musical as more passersby joined in on the song.
Read More Music News On Fresh1027.com:
- P!nk and Channing Tatum Dance it Out in ‘Beautiful Trauma’ Video
- What’s The Awkward Question You Face Every Thanksgiving?
- Selena Gomez Opens Up About Kidney Transplant Recovery
- Beyoncé Revealed as the Richest Woman in Music
- Introducing Your New Favorite Drinking Game… “Social Sabotage”
- Does Jack Antonoff Feel Any Kind Of Pressure When Working With Taylor Swift?