Jordan Knight of New Kids on the Block knows a thing or two about being a teen idol. Though he’s past his adolescent heartthrob years now, Knight knows how overwhelming that experience can be — and he thinks the media should just lay off Justin Bieber.
In the last month, Bieber has collapsed on stage in London, cancelled a show in Portugal, fought with a paparazzo, vented on Instagram (killing two birds with one stone by also managing to insult Lindsay Lohan in the same rant) and most recently, he was investigated on battery charges by the L.A. County Sheriff after an alleged assault on a neighbor.
Though the press has had a field day dissecting all his wacky behavior, Knight told Boston radio station Mix 104.1 that the “Baby” singer’s reaction to all the attention he’s been receiving is understandable. Who wouldn’t get angry over all the tabloid scrutiny?
While Knight wasn’t all that familiar with the details of everything that has happened, he did hear about Bieber’s altercation with a paparazzi after being released from the hospital. Knight acknowledged that photographers and people from sites like TMZ will provoke celebrities into situations that will elicit angry reactions.
“What they didn’t show was what the paparazzi was saying to him before he went in,” Knight said. “[TMZ] go around with their cameras and ask you stupid questions or something that will make you mad.”
Read More Music News On Fresh1027.com:
- Ed Sheeran Wants 007 to Know He Has a James Bond Theme Song Written
- Daisy Ridley Plays ‘Star Wars’ Theme on Kazoo: Watch
- DJ Earworm Unveils 2017 ‘United State of Pop’ Mix
- Michael Jackson’s ‘Blood on the Dancefloor’ Video Gets ‘Cirque du Soleil’ Update
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Teams with The Decemberists for ‘Ben Franklin’s Song’
- Fall Out Boy Shares ‘Champion’ Remix Featuring BTS’ RM