His recent split from Katy Perry isn’t slowing John Mayer down one bit. In a Google Plus Hangout with Billboard yesterday, Mayer announced a new tour – his first in three years – after battling throat issues for years that sidelined him from such major commitments.
“You don’t go crazy when you know you can’t,” he said of his past ailments. “… I wanted to get back here – this is what I was dreaming about night after night after night, so I’m so happy to be out of that wormhole.”
The 43-date tour is in support of Born and Raised, his May 2012 album that topped the Billboard 200 upon its release, running from July through the beginning October, according to Billboard.
Mayer promised “a lot of music” coming down the road, including new material on tour.
“Lately I am inspired by writing music for the stage – that can go 15 minutes if you want it to, or five minutes,” he said in the Hangout, speaking with Born and Raised producer Don Was. Watch the full video of Mayer’s Google+ Hangout below.
As if to silence any worry about whether or not he can perform these days, Mayer did four songs during the session – including a new tune, “Dear Marie.”
Mayer appears on the cover of the new issue of Billboard, out this week.
Read More Music News On Fresh1027.com:
- Hall & Oates’ John Oates Explores Americana on New Solo Album
- Katy Perry Pays Tribute to Vans Warped Tour Roots with Throwback Pic
- Fifth Harmony’s Lauren Jauregui & Steve Aoki Unite for ‘All Night’
- Selena Gomez Reveals Wet and Wild ‘Wolves’ Video
- Luis Fonsi & Demi Lovato Drop ‘Echame La Culpa’ Video
- U2 Release ‘American Soul’ Featuring Kendrick Lamar