“I drink to remember, I smoke to forget,” Jake Bugg sings on his new single “Two Fingers.” A brutally honest track, Bugg sings of a violent home life.
Directed by Jamie Thraves, the video takes place in Clifton, Nottingham, and vividly brings the song to life. In one scene Bugg’s mom is being pushed around by her boyfriend. When Bugg steps in to break it up, he’s told to leave. Suitcase in hand, he decides to light his clothes on fire once he makes it out of the house. Meanwhile, his mom remains inside and things escalate. After she slaps her boyfriend in the face, causing him to spit out all his red wine on the kitchen cabinets, and things get even more violent as her boyfriend chokes her. The slowed foot-stomping rhythms and Bugg’s eerie vocals only further capture the story of abuse.
Read more at Radio.com
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Win A $250 Modell’s Gift Card
- Charlie Puth Announces 2018 Tour Dates
- Janet Jackson Brings Out Missy Elliott for Tour Finale
- Linkin Park’s Mike Shinoda Rules Out Chester Bennington Hologram
- Ed Sheeran Wants 007 to Know He Has a James Bond Theme Song Written
- Daisy Ridley Plays ‘Star Wars’ Theme on Kazoo: Watch