Quincy Jones is making learning the piano easy with a new app.
“There’s such a need for this,” Jones said. “I’ve been praying for this for a long time. It has a learning concept similar to Rosetta Stone.”
Like the popular language learning program, Playground Sessions gives hands-on help to those looking to play the piano. With the new app, users can learn how to read music and the mechanics of the instrument thanks to video tutorials from pianist David Sides, who became a YouTube sensation with his popular cover of OneRepublic’s “Apologize.”
Jones said he hopes the app will be used in schools across the world. As of now, the program is being used at his alma mater Garfield High School in Seattle, Washington.
Last year, a study done by Northwestern Universityfound that learning to play an instrument as a young child will not only help strengthen listening and reading skills, but can have lasting benefits that carry through to adulthood such as improved brain function. There is also some evidence that learning to play an instrument could help lessen the effects of hearing loss later in life.
– Shannon Carlin, Radio.com
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Selena Gomez Sends Sweet Birthday Message to Taylor Swift
- Ellie Goulding Reveals ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Cameo
- Kelly Clarkson & Josh Groban Duet on ‘Phantom of the Opera’ Song: Watch
- Taylor Swift Shares ‘Reputation’ Tour Trailer on 28th Birthday
- Nick Jonas Steps Into the Ring for ‘Home’ Video
- Karen & Jeffrey Want To Know: ‘What Makes You Feel Old AF?’