Travis Barker continues to reinforce he’s a drummer that just wants to give back.
Barker launched a new web tutorial series yesterday (February 26) titled , The Crash Course. In it, the blink-182 drummer shares his skills on the skins for fans and aspiring drummers. Inspired to play the drums by the Muppets‘ spastic Animal character, Barker takes a breath from his normally hyper-speed sets and slows it down for a behind-the-scenes look.
In the debut episode, titled “The Warm-Up,” Barker starts with tips on loosing the hands, wrists and arms with various stretches followed by a series of rudiments. Likely foreign-sounding to non-drummers, Barker performs an “eight on the hand,” “triplets with accents,” and his own paradiddle-like pattern.
Meanwhile, Bad Religion’s Brooks Wackerman is filling in on percussion duties while Barker’s blink-182 bandmates spend a month touring Australia. Despite his best efforts, Barker was unable to overcome his fear of flying; a condition he developed as the result of the 2008 plane crash that claimed four lives.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Chris Brown Drops ’12 Days Of Christmas’ Expansion
- Pharrell Williams Predicted Donald Trump’s Presidential Victory
- Lin-Manuel Miranda to Share New ‘Hamilton’ Music Throughout 2018
- Ariana Grande Confirms She’s Working on a New Album
- Linkin Park Release ‘Sharp Edges’ Video from ‘One More Light Live’
- Sam Smith Performs ‘Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas’