Barbra Streisand graced the Oscar stage for the first time in 36 years to honor her late friend, Marvin Hamlisch.
She thanked the songwriter, who passed award last year, for his “extraordinary depth and versatility,” calling him “a generous friend who always made me laugh.”
Streisand added, “I’ll always have those wonderful, wonderful memories,” before launching into the Hamlisch-penned song “Memories” from the 1973 movie, The Way We Were.
The singer took center stage at the awards show earning a standing ovation after her sweet tribute.
Barbra last performed on the awards show in 1977 when she sang “Evergreen” from A Star Is Born, which won the Best Original Song statue later that same night.
– Shannon Carlin, Radio.com
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- ‘Fandom Friday’ with Mike Adam — Vote For the Songs You Want On Fresh 102.7
- Liam Payne Shares Acoustic ‘Bedroom Floor’ Studio Performance
- Charli XCX Reveals ‘Out of My Head’ with Tove Lo from ‘Pop2’ Mixtape
- Chris Brown Gives Daughter a Pet Monkey
- Steven Tyler Launches ‘Janie’s House’ Shelter for Abused Women
- Louis Tomlinson Has Guys’ Night Out in ‘Miss You’ Video