Welcome to Jukebox Jury, our new music debate show where experts face off and a jury of fans decides the winner.
THE CASE: Justin Timberlake may have dropped his big comeback single “Suit & Tie,” but he’s competing in a pop world that, in some ways, resembles the one he emerged in during his ‘N SYNC days. After ten years without major boy bands, they came back bigger than ever last year, once again thanks to the U.K. (anyone remember Beatlemania?). So it’s worth considering: Can One Direction and The Wanted – who barely even dance – compete with the ’90s boy band canon established by ‘N SYNC and Backstreet Boys? Is there something new to bring to this genre, or is it just about selling the product to a new group of eager, young consumers? Are boy bands better now than they used to be?
THE JURY: Vacation!, an all-female improv group that performs at The Peoples Improv Theater in NYC.
THE VERDICT: Watch to find out!
– Jillian Mapes, Radio.com
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- 5 Best Songs on Fall Out Boy’s ‘M A N I A’
- Imagine Dragons Share First Look at Documentary
- Adam Levine Reveals ‘Sexiest Man’ Prank He Played on Blake Shelton
- Mat Kearney Meets Fans at Fresh 102.7’s ‘Up Close & Personal’
- Grammy Awards: Best Pop Solo Performance
- Zedd & Maren Morris Announce New Collaboration ‘The Middle’