In an effort to get politicians to stop dancing around the issues, MC Hammer will be joining Vice President Joe Biden to address the Winter Meeting of the U.S. Conference of Mayors in Washington, DC.
According to the Washington Post, the speakers will address a wide range of topics, including deficit reduction, economic growth in high unemployment areas, gun control, school safety, Hurricane Sandy and immigration.
Other notable speakers scheduled for the luncheon are Housing and Urban Development Secretary Shaun Donovan, Education Secretary Arne Duncan, Energy Secretary Steven Chu, Rep. James McGovern (D-Mass.) and pollster John Zogby.
While Stanley “Hammer” Burrell danced his way to fame in the late ’80s, he has always exhibited a patriotic flair. After the 9-11 attacks on the World Trade Center and Pentagon, MC Hammer rapped a patriotic tribute, “No Stoppin’ Us (USA)” in which several members of congress appearing in the video.
The Conference of Mayors, which kicks off January 17, is expecting more than 270 mayors.
–E. Parker, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- 5 Best Songs on Fall Out Boy’s ‘M A N I A’
- Imagine Dragons Share First Look at Documentary
- Adam Levine Reveals ‘Sexiest Man’ Prank He Played on Blake Shelton
- Mat Kearney Meets Fans at Fresh 102.7’s ‘Up Close & Personal’
- Grammy Awards: Best Pop Solo Performance
- Zedd & Maren Morris Announce New Collaboration ‘The Middle’