Her second record, 21 is the 21st album to sell 10 million copies in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan.
The singer managed to reach this record in under two years—92 weeks to be exact—and sold a whopping 730,000 copies in the week following the GRAMMYS where she took home six awards.
The last album to sell as many copies was ‘N Sync’s No Strings Attached, which managed to reach 10 million in its 43rd week back in 2001.
The only album to hit 10 million faster was fellow boy banders the Backstreet Boys with their 2000 album, Millennium, which managed the feat in 39 weeks.
Other members of the 10 mill club include Santana’s Supernatural, Whitney Houston with The Bodyguard Soundtrack, Shania Twain’s Come On Over and Alanis Morissette’s Jagged Little Pill, which achieved the record in 66 weeks.
– Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Daisy Ridley Plays ‘Star Wars’ Theme on Kazoo: Watch
- DJ Earworm Unveils 2017 ‘United State of Pop’ Mix
- Michael Jackson’s ‘Blood on the Dancefloor’ Video Gets ‘Cirque du Soleil’ Update
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Teams with The Decemberists for ‘Ben Franklin’s Song’
- Fall Out Boy Shares ‘Champion’ Remix Featuring BTS’ RM
- Elton John to Be Honored with GRAMMY Tribute Show