Just in time for the holidays, fun. released their unique version of the holiday standard, “Sleigh Ride.” They put a modern spin on the classic tune, making the track their own with eclectic drum beats and frontman Nate Ruess’ trademark spirited vocals.
In addition to covering “Sleigh Ride,” Ruess has been busy collaborating with P!nk and Ke$ha on their new singles. A guest vocalist and songwriter on P!nk’s “Just Give Me a Reason” off her new album The Truth About Love, the track shows P!nk’s sensitive side. The beautiful piano based ballad garnered rave reviews and showcases standout harmonies from P!nk and Nate.
P!nk isn’t the only artist Nate’s working with. He also co-wrote Ke$ha’s latest single “Die Young” with Ke$ha alongside producers Benny Blanco, Cirkut and Dr. Luke.
Collaborator Blanco talked of the track with Rolling Stone earlier this year.
“It’s stomps and claps, and the chorus doesn’t really have any drums in it, basically. The feeling is so good,” Blanco told Rolling Stone. “And then the verse just pops in, and it’s very unexpected and it pops into electronic. So it’s rock, it’s big electronic breaks and drums.”
-Annie Reuter, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Pentatonix and Jennifer Hudson Unite for ‘How Great Thou Art’
- Taylor Swift Has Already Sold Over a Million Copies of ‘Reputation’
- P!nk and Channing Tatum Dance it Out in ‘Beautiful Trauma’ Video
- What’s The Awkward Question You Face Every Thanksgiving?
- Selena Gomez Opens Up About Kidney Transplant Recovery
- Beyoncé Revealed as the Richest Woman in Music