Start spreading the news; Barry Manilow is coming to New York this winter.
The man who “wrote the songs that made the whole world sing” is taking over Broadway with his new show, Manilow on Broadway, which will have the singer performing some of his biggest hits like “Mandy,” “Looks Like We Made It” and “Copacabana.”
His 17-show stint at the St. James Theatre kicks off on January 18 for previews with the official opening night slated for January 24, which the singer promises will be full of surprises.
Manilow has graced the Broadway stage before back in the winter of 1976 and the spring of 1989 when he also performed his classic songs, but he couldn’t be more excited to make his way back after twenty years.
“Growing up in New York, Broadway has always held a special place in my heart and I am honored to have the opportunity to make the St. James Theatre my home in the New Year,” he said in a statement.
Tickets range from $50 to $350.
Check out Manilow’s website for more information about the upcoming shows.
– Shannon Carlin. CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Daisy Ridley Plays ‘Star Wars’ Theme on Kazoo: Watch
- DJ Earworm Unveils 2017 ‘United State of Pop’ Mix
- Michael Jackson’s ‘Blood on the Dancefloor’ Video Gets ‘Cirque du Soleil’ Update
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Teams with The Decemberists for ‘Ben Franklin’s Song’
- Fall Out Boy Shares ‘Champion’ Remix Featuring BTS’ RM
- Elton John to Be Honored with GRAMMY Tribute Show