The song was officially set to premiere this Thursday in celebration of 50 years of Bond, James Bond, but fans are getting a 30-second sneak peak right now thanks to the Internet.
The new song, which can be heard here, features a 77-piece orchestra to highlight Adele’s sultry vocals.
Adele admitted to the BBC that she was hesitant to be involved with the movie, but after reading the script she was in.
“It was also a lot of fun writing to a brief, something I’ve never done which made it exciting,” the singer said. “When we recorded the strings, it was one of the proudest moments of my life.”
Adele even admits it’s something she’ll be proud to tell her grandkids about.
“I’ll be back combing my hair when I’m 60 telling people I was a Bond girl back in the day I’m sure,” she said.
The short snippet of the moody ballad has even got some people comparing Adele’s theme to Shirley Bassey’s “Diamonds Are Forever” from the 1971 Bond movie of the same name.
Do you agree? Take a listen to Shirley’s song below.
Check out Skyfall in theaters November 9.
– Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Daisy Ridley Plays ‘Star Wars’ Theme on Kazoo: Watch
- DJ Earworm Unveils 2017 ‘United State of Pop’ Mix
- Michael Jackson’s ‘Blood on the Dancefloor’ Video Gets ‘Cirque du Soleil’ Update
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Teams with The Decemberists for ‘Ben Franklin’s Song’
- Fall Out Boy Shares ‘Champion’ Remix Featuring BTS’ RM
- Elton John to Be Honored with GRAMMY Tribute Show