Rolling Stone Magazine announced earlier today that Karmin has won their “Women Who Rock” competition, courtesy of all the Karmin fans who voted for them. The group landed a spot on the flip cover of the magazine, which will be out on newsstands this Friday.
Although, both Nick Noonan and Amy Heidemann will be featured in the issue, only Amy graces the cover making her the second female artist to take the spotlight this year. The duo will perform at the Hard Rock Cafe in NYC on October 16th for the magazine’s Women Who Rock concert.
But that’s not all the good news Karmin recently received.
Their latest single, “Hello,” reached #1 on Billboard’s Dance/Club Play Songs charts, while their first single, “Brokenhearted” is making headlines and going double platinum overseas in Australia, Canada, Asia and the UK. So it comes at no surprise that MTV will be choosing Karmin as their next “global push artist.”
With Karmin mania on the rise, the group will be performing on Dancing with the Stars on October 9th.
Before the year is over, we will be seeing a lot more of Nick and Amy than usual.
The duo will also be performing at the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade in New York City, and on New Year’s Rockin’ Eve.
–Maria Bonello, Fresh 102.7
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Daisy Ridley Plays ‘Star Wars’ Theme on Kazoo: Watch
- DJ Earworm Unveils 2017 ‘United State of Pop’ Mix
- Michael Jackson’s ‘Blood on the Dancefloor’ Video Gets ‘Cirque du Soleil’ Update
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Teams with The Decemberists for ‘Ben Franklin’s Song’
- Fall Out Boy Shares ‘Champion’ Remix Featuring BTS’ RM
- Elton John to Be Honored with GRAMMY Tribute Show