In 1999, The Eurythmics reunited for an album (Peace) and a tour, but they have worked together very sporadically in the years since. Singer Annie Lennox has kept busy with her solo career, and multi-instrumentalist Dave Stewart has worked as a producer, as a member of Mick Jagger’s Superheavy, and as a solo artist.
Stewart recently told England’s Telegraph that a reunion is never out of the question, but it’s not in the works at the moment. “Never say never. Annie and I wrote so many songs together, and they keep popping up in different places, and I have this idea of putting them all together in a theatrical piece in the not too distant future.”
He’s kept busy in the past few years: last year, he released The Blackbird Diaries, as well as the self-titled album by Superheavy, his band with Jagger, R&B singer Joss Stone, film composer A.R. Rahman and reggae artist Damian Marley. 2011 also saw him produce albums by Stevie Nicks (In Your Dreams), Joss Stone, and former Michael Jackson guitarist (now with Alice Cooper’s group) Orianthi. This year, he’s released a brand new album The Ringmaster General. A documentary of the making of his last two album albums recently had a premiere: see the trailer here.
– Brian Ives, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Daisy Ridley Plays ‘Star Wars’ Theme on Kazoo: Watch
- DJ Earworm Unveils 2017 ‘United State of Pop’ Mix
- Michael Jackson’s ‘Blood on the Dancefloor’ Video Gets ‘Cirque du Soleil’ Update
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Teams with The Decemberists for ‘Ben Franklin’s Song’
- Fall Out Boy Shares ‘Champion’ Remix Featuring BTS’ RM
- Elton John to Be Honored with GRAMMY Tribute Show