Having played major roles as an actress, Beyonce Knowles now has her eyes on the director’s chair. The singer is looking to helm a documentary based on her life and career.
Beyonce and her handlers at agency ICM are reportedly shopping the film to a several movie studios, according to the LA Times. The film will be a mix of music and personal study and will also include exclusive concert footage and confessional interviews from the Grammy-winning superstar.
Twenty minutes of footage from the film has been screened to distributors. No word yet if daughter Blue Ivy Carter and husband/hip-hop mogul Jay-Z will make an appearance in the film.
As an actress, Beyonce has starred in several films, including Austin Powers in Goldmember (2002), Dreamgirls (2006), Cadillac Records (2008), and Obsessed (2009). Coming off the release of her platinum selling album 4, she is also tentatively set to appear in a remake of A Star Is Born.
The singer recently left a cryptic message on her website that read, “Leave your footprint on 19 August 2012,” prompting speculation for a new project.
—Keith Murphy, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Daisy Ridley Plays ‘Star Wars’ Theme on Kazoo: Watch
- DJ Earworm Unveils 2017 ‘United State of Pop’ Mix
- Michael Jackson’s ‘Blood on the Dancefloor’ Video Gets ‘Cirque du Soleil’ Update
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Teams with The Decemberists for ‘Ben Franklin’s Song’
- Fall Out Boy Shares ‘Champion’ Remix Featuring BTS’ RM
- Elton John to Be Honored with GRAMMY Tribute Show