It’s a good year for fans of old-school Peter Gabriel. His most celebrated album, 1986’s So, is going to be the subject of a documentary and the centerpiece of his next tour.
His last few projects have seen him working with symphony orchestras: nary a drum kit nor guitar was heard on his latest releases Scratch My Back (2010), New Blood (2011) or Live Blood (2012). Members of his So-era band will be interviewed for the documentary, and will reunite with Gabriel for the tour. So featured “Red Rain,” “Sledgehammer,” “Big Time,” “In Your Eyes” and “Don’t Give Up.”
The So documentary is part of the Classic Albums series; this edition will be coming out on BluRay and DVD on September 18. Gabriel was interviewed for the doc, as was producer Daniel Lanois, bassist Tony Levin, and drummers Jerry Marotta and Manu Katche.
The tour will kick off in Quebec City on September 16. The show will also feature songs from his other albums as well.
Brian Ives, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- ‘Fandom Friday’ with Mike Adam — Vote For the Songs You Want On Fresh 102.7
- Liam Payne Shares Acoustic ‘Bedroom Floor’ Studio Performance
- Charli XCX Reveals ‘Out of My Head’ with Tove Lo from ‘Pop2’ Mixtape
- Chris Brown Gives Daughter a Pet Monkey
- Steven Tyler Launches ‘Janie’s House’ Shelter for Abused Women
- Louis Tomlinson Has Guys’ Night Out in ‘Miss You’ Video