After thirty years of hit making, British rockers Chumbawamba have decided to hang it up. You probably remember them for their timeless classics “Tubthumping,” “Tubthumping” and “Tubthumping.” The band made the announcement on their website today.
“Thirty years of ideas and melodies, endless meetings and European tours, press releases, singalong choruses and Dada sound poetry, finally at an end,” a statement from the band waxed poetically. The band announced that they still plan to play a few more shows before the year is out, but no dates have been announced.
Chumbawamba shot to stardom as a one-hit wonder in 1997 with “Tubthumping.” The song reached #1, including Canada, Australia and the United States (#1 on the Top 40 Mainstream/Modern Rock, #6 on Billboard Hot 100).
In honor of Chumbawamba, we’ve put together the Essential Chumbawamba Spotify Playlist.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- GRAMMY Awards: Best Pop Duo/Group Performance
- GRAMMY Awards: Vote Now for Album of the Year
- Joey Fatone Shuts Down *NSYNC Super Bowl Reunion Rumors
- See the Adorable Daddy-Daughter Dance Taking Over the Internet
- GRAMMY Awards: Vote Now for Song of the Year
- Jennifer Lopez Debuts Skrillex Collaboration Live: Watch