To call Van Morrison prolific is a bit of an understatement. Since releasing his debut solo album Blowin’ Your Mind! in 1967, the Irish singer-songwriter has released 33 studio albums and a number of live albums. Now he’ll release his 34th album, Born To Sing: No Plan B, on October 2.
The album is a reunion of sorts for Van Morrison, who returns to his former label home Blue Note for Born To Sing: No Plan B. His last release with the jazz label was his 2003 album What’s Wrong With This Picture?.
From the sounds of a press release, Morrison is most pleased to be reuniting with Blue Note president Don Was, a record producer whose work ethic rivals that of even the hyper-active “Brown Eyed Girl” singer. Was has worked with the likes of Bob Dylan, Elton John and Ringo Starr, but is perhaps most closely associated with the Rolling Stones. But Was is not actually the producer on Born To Sing: No Plan B – Morrison produced it himself and recorded it in his native Belfast.
Morrison’s most recent studio album, Keep It Simple, was released in 2008, and was his highest debut on the U.S. album chart to date (No. 10).
A six-time Grammy winner and Rock and Roll Hall of Famer, Van Morrison is perhaps most applauded for his influential 1968 album, Astral Weeks.
Born To Sing: No Plan B tracklist:
1. Open The Door (To Your Heart)
2. Going Down To Monte Carlo
3. Born To Sing
4. End Of The Rainbow
5. Close Enough For Jazz
6. Mystic Of The East
7. Retreat And View
8. If In Money We Trust
9. Pagan Heart
10. Educating Archie
– Jillian Mapes, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Maroon 5’s Adam Levine and Wife Behati Welcome Second Baby
- Solange Honored as Harvard Foundation Artist of the Year 2018
- Khalid and Normani Play Voyeuristic Games in New ‘Love Lies’ Video
- Demi Lovato Shares Live Acoustic ‘Tell Me You Love Me’ Video: Watch
- Kanye West is Off Instagram — Again
- The Chainsmokers Release ‘You Owe Me’ with Horror-Themed Music Video