Mariah Carey may be celebrating her greatest hits, but she’s not done making music just yet.
Yesterday, Carey took to her Facebook to announce she’s recorded a new song, writing: “Lil’ excited to share with you that I wrote and recorded a song for Lee Daniels’ new movie “The Paperboy” called Mesmerized! Hope to play it for you very soon!”
Daniels’ latest film starring Zac Efron, Nicole Kidman and Matthew McConaughey makes its debut at this year’s Cannes Film Festival later this May. Carey previously worked with the director on 2009’s Precious, where she played a social worker.
Back in April, the singer tweeted a photo of herself in the studio, leaving fans excited at the possibility of new music. Carey’s last new album was Merry Christmas II You back in 2010.
Check out the video for “Always Be My Baby” featured on The Essential Mariah Carey available May 8.
– Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Latest from Fresh1027.com >
- Win Tickets To See Maroon 5 at Prudential Center
- Win Passes Into A ‘Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle’ Advanced Screening
- Lorde Covers Whitney Houston in Celebration of Same-Sex Marriage in Australia
- Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade: Everything You Need to Know
- Adam Sandler’s ‘Thanksgiving Song’ Revisited
- Eleven Gifts for Every Kind of ‘Stranger Things’ Fan on Your Holiday Shopping List