With a little help from his friend Dave Stewart (formerly of the Eurythmics), Ringo Starr is developing a movie musical for Paramount, reports entertainment industry website Deadline.com. Titled Hole in the Fence, the film is described as a “coming-of-age drama is about a group of kids who form a band to escape their depressing mining town.”
Starr and Stewart are behind the film’s original concept and music, but the script will be penned by David Harris, who is also working with Stewart on a film adaptation of their graphic novel, Zombie Broadway. The former Beatles drummer and one half of the Eurythmics will serve as executive producers on Hole in the Fence.
The two musicians are longtime collaborators, with Stewart co-producing Starr’s 2008 album Liverpool 8 and playing guitar and keyboard on many of Ringo’s recent albums, including his January album, Ringo 2012.
–Jillian Mapes, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Chris Brown Drops ’12 Days Of Christmas’ Expansion
- Pharrell Williams Predicted Donald Trump’s Presidential Victory
- Lin-Manuel Miranda to Share New ‘Hamilton’ Music Throughout 2018
- Ariana Grande Confirms She’s Working on a New Album
- Linkin Park Release ‘Sharp Edges’ Video from ‘One More Light Live’
- Sam Smith Performs ‘Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas’