NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – Activists with Occupy Wall Street are spreading out across the city for a day of marches, rallies and other events aimed at disrupting business on May Day, or International Workers Day.
About 100 protesters gathered in Bryant Park Tuesday morning before dispersing to picket in front of banks and other businesses throughout Manhattan.
“My daughter and I are officially on strike here today,” protester Rich Rollison, who took his young daughter out of school to join the demonstrations, said. “We’re hoping to lend our support to draw more attention to the movement, sort of revive the movement.”
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Dolores O’Riordan, Lead Singer for the Cranberries, Dies at 46
- Win Tickets To See Bon Jovi In Concert
- Halsey, Troye Sivan, Chris Stapleton Set for ‘SNL’ Performances
- Phillip Phillips Shares New Song ‘Into the Wild’
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus’ Sons Share ‘Beat It’ Video for Her Last Day of Chemo
- GRAMMY Awards: Best Pop Vocal Album