Jennifer Nettles of Sugarland began providing video depositions to the court yesterday, regarding the tragic stage collapse at The Indiana State Fair last August, which killed seven people. Kristian Bush will be providing his video deposition today.
On April 12, the companies hired to investigate the tragedy completed their reports on the incident. Engineering Firm, Thornton Tomasetti, found that the stage and rigging structure did not adhere to industry standards, which may have led to the structure’s collapse under high winds. Emergency Planning Advisors, Witt Associates, found that there was not an adequately developed emergency plan in place to handle an incident such as the stage collapse.
In a written press release, the duo says, “In all the back-and-forth between the lawyers, the suggestion’s been made that we’ve somehow been trying to avoid having to answer questions about last summer’s terrible tragedy. This is simply not true.”
Matt Brewer, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Daisy Ridley Plays ‘Star Wars’ Theme on Kazoo: Watch
- DJ Earworm Unveils 2017 ‘United State of Pop’ Mix
- Michael Jackson’s ‘Blood on the Dancefloor’ Video Gets ‘Cirque du Soleil’ Update
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Teams with The Decemberists for ‘Ben Franklin’s Song’
- Fall Out Boys Share ‘Champion’ Remix Featuring BTS’ RM
- Elton John to Be Honored with GRAMMY Tribute Show