It seems like everyone went to see The Hunger Games, giving the film a #1 box office slot and a $155 million opening weekend — one of the largest in history.
Also making history is The Hunger Games soundtrack, which earns the franchise another #1. Today it debuts at the top of the Nielsen SoundScan charts, with 175,030 copies sold. This relegates Adele to the #2 slot again — but don’t feel too badly for her, as she has sold over 8 million copies of 21 to date. This also bests the first Twilight soundtrack, which debuted at #1 but only sold 164,700 copies in its first week.
The soundtrack is led by Taylor Swift and the Civil Wars’ track “Safe and Sound,” which has racked up over 7 million views on YouTube. Taylor was among the moviegoers who saw The Hunger Games this weekend. US Weekly reports she went to a Sunday screening with Glee’s Dianna Agron.
-Courtney E. Smith, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Diana Ross Accepts Lifetime Achievement Honors at the AMAs
- Diana Ross Accepts Lifetime Achievement Honor at the AMAs
- P!nk Performs Gravity-Defying ‘Beautiful Trauma’ in Downtown L.A.
- Imagine Dragons & Khalid Mash Up ‘Thunder’ and ‘Young Dumb & Broke’
- Christina Aguilera Celebrates 25 Years of ‘The Bodyguard’ with Soundtrack Medley
- Blonde Selena Gomez Takes AMA Stage with ‘Wolves’