MTV News talked with Perry, who said the film will be a unique experience.
“This film is closing the chapter on Teenage Dream, but it’s giving you such an inside perspective,” Perry said. “This film, you’re going to see it from my best friend/buddy perspective, you’re going to see exactly what I mean and feel and think about everything.”
The movie, to be titled Katy Perry: Part of Me, is due in theaters this summer. Perry further explained her experience on tour.
“That tour was so life-changing to me. I learned so much, I went through so much along the way,” she said. “I’m not necessarily trying to prove anything to anyone, but not only will people really hands-down know me after they see this film, but you’ll see me as the Dorothy wearing the red ruby slipper and at the end of it all I’m the [Wizard of] Oz as well.”
Perry will follow in the footsteps of several stars who have been featured in a documentary-style 3-D film including the Jonas Brothers, Miley Cyrus, Michael Jackson and Justin Bieber. Having planned the film herself, she promises it won’t be cheap.
“Listen, I’ve [worked on] most of this film for a very long time and the word ‘cheap’ was not in the vocabulary,” she said. “But, hello, it’s 3-D. You’re going to get hit with a lot of s***.”
Perry is offering two fans the chance to attend the premiere and walk the red carpet. One Canadian and one American golden ticket will be inside two copies of Teenage Dream: The Complete Confection in stores Monday, March 26.
– Annie Reuter CBS Local
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- Win Passes Into A ‘Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle’ Advanced Screening
- Lorde Covers Whitney Houston in Celebration of Same-Sex Marriage in Australia
- Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade: Everything You Need to Know
- Adam Sandler’s ‘Thanksgiving Song’ Revisited
- Eleven Gifts for Every Kind of ‘Stranger Things’ Fan on Your Holiday Shopping List
- Sia Shares Star-Studded ‘Santa’s Coming for Us’ Video