Young Jeezy and Ne-Yo recently teamed up with director TAJ to create a mini-film for “Leave You Alone.” The seven minute video follows gun-toting gangsters and two star-crossed lovers for what seems to be a modern day Romeo and Juliet.
“This video is one of the best videos I’ve been a part of,” Jeezy told Hot 93.7’s, Jenny Boom Boom. “This video is a movie, literally. It got actors in it. It took us two and a half days to shoot. Full production. Its like a West Side story. It is very intense.”
In the video, which is part mini-drama, Jeezy tries his hand at acting. As he and his love interest try to hide their forbidden relationship from the world, Ne-Y can be seen singing the chorus. The story climaxes when Jeezy’s love interest runs away to be with him.
“Are you kidding me?” her friend asks. “You’re gonna get us killed. You’re going to get everybody killed and with those crazy brothers of yours.”
Fast forward to the next scene where Olivia’s father and brothers go on a search for her and bust into Jeezy’s house, guns drawn. As her family pulls her out of the house kicking and screaming as Jeezy stands by.
Watch the video here.
Ne-Yo, who recently starred in George Lucas’ blockbuster film, Red Tails, weighed in on the video production last week.
“It’s a movie,” Ne-Yo told MTV.com. “Not even in a DJ Khaled sense; like, it’s really a movie.”
“Leave You Alone” is the fifth single off Jeezy’s third album, Thug Motivation 103: Hustlerz Ambition.
– Annie Reuter, additional reporting by E. Parker, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Win Tickets To See Mac Demarco In Central Park
- Win Tickets To See Vance Joy In Brooklyn
- Win An Epson EcoTank 4750 printer
- Win Tickets To Kid Rock’s ‘American Rock & Roll Tour’ at Prudential Center
- Win Tickets To Nickelodeon’s SpongeBob SquarePants The Broadway Musical at the Palace Theatre
- Maroon 5’s Adam Levine and Wife Behati Welcome Second Baby