It might seem like an unlikely pairing, a pop diva and a power rock duo, but it looks like a mutual admiration is blooming between Beyonce and Sleigh Bells. The rockers recorded an acoustic cover of Beyonce’s “Irreplaceable” for BBC1 Radio, taking a step away from their usual bombastic sound.
This isn’t the first Beyonce has heard of Sleigh Bells, however.
While working on her last album, 4, producer Diplo, who happens to be a friend, played the duo for the diva. She liked it well enough to request the stems for their song “Kids,” which was ultimately not included in her album. Diplo started a rumor that Sleigh Bells actually recorded with Beyonce on the album, which guitarist and songwriter Derek Miller debunked in The Guardian. But singer Alexis Krauss says, “Oh dude, I’m so in love with [Beyonce]. She’s one of the few people I’d be a total starstuck idiot in front of. R&B’s a huge influence for both of us, especially on this record.”
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Bruno Mars Shares ’24K Magic Live at the Apollo’ Trailer: Watch
- Justin Bieber Stars as Imaginary Boyfriend in German T-Mobile Ad
- Black Eyed Peas to Release First-Ever Augmented Reality App
- #OnTheList: Best AMAs Performances of 2017
- Diana Ross Accepts Lifetime Achievement Honors at the AMAs
- P!nk Performs Gravity-Defying ‘Beautiful Trauma’ in Downtown L.A.