On February 11th, the music world lost an iconic member of their community. We all know Whitney Houston for her powerful voice and her shining stage presence. We will continue to remember that shine through her music.
The recent spike in internet plays is proof that Whitney Houston’s voice will be remembered for as long as we’re able to replay it. After Whitney’s tragic death on Feburary 11th, both her Youtube and Vevo plays have sky rocketed by 4,523%. According to Next Big Sound, the iconic diva went from 868,000 plays to 40.2 million by the 20th (last Monday). After only eight days after her passing, not only have her plays increased a significant amount, but she has also gone from number twelve to number two on Billboard’s Social 50 chart. The chart measures who the most popular artists on YouTube, Vevo, Facebook, Twitter, MySpace and iLike.
Whitney is the only artist to keep a seven consecutive number one spot on the Billboard Hot 100 hits and has sold over 170 million albums, singles and videos worldwide. She has also been the inspiration to many other female singers, paving the paths for many female artists.Even though Whitney is no longer present to continue on her musical path, these recent events have proved that her music will live on as long as we continue to listen.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Win Tickets To See Maks, Val and Peta Live On Tour: Confidential
- Walk the Moon Bring ‘One Foot’ and ‘Kamikaze’ to ‘Kimmel’
- Win Tickets To See Daughtry At The St. George Theater
- Lady Gaga Has Two New Baby Horses Just in Time for Christmas
- Camila Cabello Soundtracks Final ‘Bright’ Trailer
- Win Passes To An Advanced Screening Of ‘Pitch Perfect 3’