UK singer [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Adele[/lastfm]’s album 21 has been atop the Billboard chart for 16 weeks now.
That breaks records set by both [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]The Beatles[/lastfm] and [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Pink Floyd[/lastfm]!
The British singer has now matched the success of the soundtrack to the 1997 film Titanic, but has taken down [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]The Beatles[/lastfm] Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band and [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Pink Floyd[/lastfm]’s The Wall, both of which held the top spot for 15 weeks.
Adele now holds the record for the longest running British artist at the top of the Billboard chart.
Last week alone, Adele sold 104,000 copies of “21” last week. That puts her grand total around 17 million copies globally. In the era of digital pirates that number is unheard of.
New research revealed that Adele’s singles were the most popular karaoke tracks of 2011. The singer’s chart topper “Someone Like You” was the most sung song of the year with one in four singers choosing the track, according to the Lucky Voice website.
Adele is also the overwhelming favorite to win Best Album at this year’s GRAMMY awards.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- 10-Year-Old JD McCrary Delights L.A. Clippers Crowd with Jackson 5 Cover
- Win Tickets To See Ingrid Michaelson’s Holiday Hop Show
- Sheryl Crow Shares Sandy Hook Tribute Song ‘The Dreaming Kind’
- Macklemore & Kesha Announce 2018 ‘Adventures’ Tour
- Golden Globe Nominations: Mary J. Blige, Mariah Carey, & More Net Nods
- Jeffrey Is Considering Re-Gifting a Christmas Gift… For Karen!