Pop princess Katy Perry recently broke her silence regarding her divorce with Russell Brand on Saturday through her Twitter page!
What did she have to say? Find out HERE!
On Saturday, Katy tweeted:
…and followed up with:
Her soon-to-be ex-husband has not publicly commented since filing for divorce. About a month before the split he told TV host Ellen DeGeneres “I am really happily married.”
“I’m married to Katy,” he continued. “Perpetually, until death do us part was the pledge. I’m still alive.”
Brand filed for divorce on December 30th. The couple got married in India way back in October 2010.
While it’s incredibly common in Hollywood for celebrity marriages to NOT last until death parts them, some Hindu spiritual leaders are taking Russell and Katy’s divorce very hard…
“They should have taken marriage more seriously as it is a sacred rite in Hinduism,” Rajan Zed, president of the Universal Society of Hinduism told WENN. “In Hinduism, marriage is the most important sacrament. If celebrities opt for a Hindu wedding, they should be prepared to adhere to the commitment, devotion, responsibility, sanctity and morals, which are attached to it.”
Yeah, Katy and Russell. Take THAT!
As a little bonus, Jimmy Fallon spoofed the couple on his TV show:Vodpod videos no longer available.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Walk the Moon Bring ‘One Foot’ and ‘Kamikaze’ to ‘Kimmel’
- Win Tickets To See Daughtry At The St. George Theater
- Lady Gaga Has Two New Baby Horses Just in Time for Christmas
- Camila Cabello Soundtracks Final ‘Bright’ Trailer
- Win Passes To An Advanced Screening Of ‘Pitch Perfect 3’
- Jennifer Hudson Debuts New Song ‘Burden Down’
- ‘Star Wars’ Characters Sing Hanson’s ‘MMMBop’: Watch
- Beyoncé & JAY-Z Chill On a Private Plane in Latest Instagram Update
- Zendaya Plays an Epic Game of Charades on ‘The Tonight Show’
- What’s The One Thing Karen Hates Being Asked At The Store?