It seemed like such an innocent question this morning. But the more I talked about my penchant for playing with my sisters’ Barbie dolls, the bigger the hole I dug for myself. We never pushed gender-specific toys on my son. He just naturally gravitated toward the boy-type toys. He was a rambunctious boy…he could jump on the couch for hours…and that was long before Tom Cruise made it fashionable!
The reason we even started talking about toys and what boys and girls play with when they are young is because of a little girl named Riley. She has become an Internet sensation after railing against toy makers for pushing little girls towards all that is pink…
And the best part? She’s just so earnest about her objections…
And when I tried to explain how I used to play with my sister’s Barbies, I wound up embarrassing myself completely… But Jaul called to say that what he played with when he was just 3-years old – a traditionally “little girl toy” – shaped his future career…
What about YOU? What toys of your siblings did you play with as a kid? Let us know inthe comments section below!
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Rihanna Set to Perform at GRAMMYs
- Ed Sheeran Announces Engagement
- 5 Best Songs on Fall Out Boy’s ‘M A N I A’
- Imagine Dragons Share First Look at Documentary
- Adam Levine Reveals ‘Sexiest Man’ Prank He Played on Blake Shelton
- Mat Kearney Meets Fans at Fresh 102.7’s ‘Up Close & Personal’
- Grammy Awards: Best Pop Solo Performance
- Zedd & Maren Morris Announce New Collaboration ‘The Middle’
- Taylor Swift Fan Asks the Pop Star to Prom with Creative Video
- Fall Out Boy Talk Romeo & Juliet-Inspired ‘Church’ Video