It’s one of the best-known songs ever written, and is performed by millions of people around the world every year, but “Auld Lang Syne” remains one of the least scrobbled songs of the festive season.
Last.fm Trends looks at some of its star performers.
Mariah Carey is perhaps best-known for her takes on Christmas classics, and last year dropped “Auld Lang Syne” as a single. But despite the millions of pays she’s had for hits past the song still hasn’t seen more than 40,000 plays from her fans on Last.fm.
Even Barenaked Ladies do a little better. The song was slipped onto their album Barenaked for the Holidays, and has tip-toed past 42,000 in the last few days.
But the most-played version according to Last.fm’s data is by Ohio rockers Relient K. Before New Year’s Eve 2011 the song had made it past 57,000 plays making it the most popular among the hundreds of versions in Last.fm’s catalogue.
Even that’s a tiny amount though. It seems to prove that some songs just sound a bit better when you’re all holding hands and mumbling along to the verses.
Whoever you ring in the New Year with, have a good one. Happy New Year from all at Last.fm.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Win Tickets To See Mac Demarco In Central Park
- Win Tickets To See Vance Joy In Brooklyn
- Win An Epson EcoTank 4750 printer
- Win Tickets To Kid Rock’s ‘American Rock & Roll Tour’ at Prudential Center
- Win Tickets To Nickelodeon’s SpongeBob SquarePants The Broadway Musical at the Palace Theatre
- Maroon 5’s Adam Levine and Wife Behati Welcome Second Baby
- Solange Honored as Harvard Foundation Artist of the Year 2018
- Khalid and Normani Play Voyeuristic Games in New ‘Love Lies’ Video
- Demi Lovato Shares Live Acoustic ‘Tell Me You Love Me’ Video: Watch
- Kanye West is Off Instagram — Again
- The Chainsmokers Release ‘You Owe Me’ with Horror-Themed Music Video
- Christina Aguilera Poses in Three Bathtub Photos for All to See
- Win Tickets To See Bruno Mars At Prudential Center
- Win Tickets To See Thirty Seconds To Mars at MSG or PNC
- The Chainsmokers Tease New Single ‘You Owe Me’